Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Home

Squeals of excitement!  Children running with arms open wide!  Smiles stretching from ear to ear!  Laughter!  Jumping!  Joyful hearts!  This was my welcome from 61 children when I returned to Grace Village.  I was in the Dominican Republic for 5 nights.  I needed to get my passport stamped and also needed rest and relaxation.  It was a refreshing time away, but I was ready to come home.

 
My favorite memory of staying in Boca Chica was kayaking in the bay.  The ocean water was crystal clear and a beautiful turquoise color.  I paddled out in a little kayak a few of the mornings.  One morning, Jess and I shared a tandem kayak and ventured to the island.  We brought snorkeling equipment...even flippers!  We were both a little nervous about jumping in, but wanted to see the fish.  So, we each leaned over opposites sides of the kayak and stuck our heads under water.  Everything was so clear.  We saw some beautiful fish, old shells, and sea urchins.  Jess started getting eager to jump in the water.  I was a little nervous.  I have a fear that the fish are going to eat me.  It is a silly fear, but the water makes me a little scared.  I can swim and I had a life vest, so I decided to face my fears and jump right in!  We parked our boat, in the roots of the trees on the island, and started exploring the beauty that God has created in the ocean!  I saw Dorree (Regal Tang fish) from Finding Nemo!  I saw some other colorful fish that I have only seen in ocean life storybooks.  I am so thankful that I decided to jump right in the water!

 
Check out my new hair do!  I had my hair braided in the Domincan on the beach.  The children at Grace have been asking to braid my hair like theirs.  So, I thought it would be a fun surprise to return home with lots of braids!  The children thought I was so very beautiful.  I kept them in for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment