Friday, April 19, 2013

Sometimes all I hear is a whisper

Life is complex.  Full of choices.  How do I know that what I am choosing is the path that I should take?  How do I know if I am living a life in God's will?  When I feel a tug on my heart, is it God's voice?

The song Oceans Will Part by Hillsong has been a great reminder for me to trust God.  This song has carried me through some challenging times while I have lived in Haiti.  God has a plan in everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Uj_B0KNgU

Sometimes it is difficult to discern God's voice.  Especially, in the midst of chaos and questions.  While I have been in Haiti, I have questioned so many times what to do in a specific situation:  when a family comes to the gate and wants to give us their child to care for, when a child is sick, or when I am thinking about my future.  So often, I wonder, Lord what should I do?  How should I help?  What is your will?  Why can't I hear your voice?

God has been teaching me that I need to trust Him in all circumstances (proverbs 3:5-6).  When a situation arises that is complex and new to me, I need to pray.  I need to open my heart to the work that the Lord will do.  I need to pray for wisdom and guidance.  I pray for a peace that only God can give (Philippians 4:7).  I have learned how to trust.  Sometimes that means being patient.  God has led me through so many challenges.

We have a God that is all knowing, omniscient (Psalm 147:5).  A God who works all things together for our good (Romans 8:28).  Even if at times, we don't understand why certain things happen to us or others, God knows.  He is our healer (Psalm 103:1-3) and savior (John 3:16).  He pulls us through the storm.  Even if the storm seems impossible.  He gives us hope and faith in what is to come (Jeremiah 29:11).  He is victorious!  I am so thankful that he knows my every thought (Psalm 139).  He knows my heart and gives me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4).  My heart is to love.  I pray that the Lord continues to show me how to love and serve those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment