Friday, June 14, 2013

Blessings!


Tonight was a beautiful night.  My heart was filled with sweet words from the children.  So many times, God speaks to me through them.  I had a special meeting with them to show them the photo DVD that I made and share home-made cookies with them. Before the video started I reminded them that I am leaving Grace Village on Saturday.  I told them that I was going to pray for them and miss them so much.  One of our guardians asked the children if they would like to come up to the microphone to tell me something special.  The children took turns thanking me or blessing me with kind words.

The first young boy that came up said, "I will pray that God brings you back fast!".  One of the older boys said, "Thank you for letting us watch football on your computer.  You are so kind.  May God bless you for your service in Haiti.  Bon voyage!".  A few of the girls thanked me for teaching them how to make necklaces, for playing with them, and for taking care of them when they were sick.  They said, "Thank you for being God's servant and for coming to Haiti.  We will miss you and will pray for you every day.".  One of the older girls said, "You are so kind to us and have patience with us.  You have wisdom.  I don't want you to go.  You have given so much to us and have been an example of God's love.  God says in Luke 6:38 that when you give, God will bless you.  I will pray for you every day."  Their kind words will forever be imprinted on my heart.

As we watched the DVD, their eyes lit up and immediately they had smiles from ear to ear!  They loved seeing themselves and their friends projected on the cafeteria wall.  It was uplifting to look back over the year and see some of the memories we all shared together.  They laughed and squealed at times.  The room was filled with the joy and laughter of the children!  Beautiful!

I tucked all 56 children in bed tonight...hugs, kisses, and I love you's!  As I went to each of their rooms they told me more sweet things.  Many of them told me not to leave.  But many more said they would pray for me, will miss me sooooo much, and will always remember me.  Some of them shared Bible verses with me or told me to read a specific verse tonight.  Seeing their faith in the Lord has been such an encouragement to me.  I am so thankful for how these children have come into my life and have poured out blessings on me this year!  The children will forever have a special place in my heart.       

No comments:

Post a Comment