Saturday, November 24, 2012

Baby's story

Many of you have been wondering, "What happened to the baby that was 18 days old?, Did the family return the next day for a meeting?, Does she have a new home?".  I am so thankful to tell you that story ended well.

The following day I waited for the family to return.  It was an hour past the time they were scheduled to arrive, and I hoped they were on their way.  My heart leaped for joy when I heard they were walking up our hill with the baby in their arms.

I met them, and we began our meeting together with another organization.  The night before I was calling a few surrounding orphanages that care for infants.  None of them had space.  Thankfully, one of them called me in the morning and said they can care for the baby!  I was so thankful that this little angel would have a safe, loving environment to live in.  One that would be able to provide her with formula, diapers, and comfort.


One of the girls at Grace Village crocheted the baby a bonnet.  She is wearing the bonnet in the picture above.  I am so so so thankful that this baby is being cared for.  It is devastating to know that when one lives in poverty, one often does not have the means to provide for their children.  I am so thankful that this family reached out for help.  This family desired for this baby to have a future.  When we asked the family, "What is your hope for this baby?.  The woman responded, "For her to live".

1 comment: