Friday, July 6, 2012

Mother

What a joy it is to love these children.  They bring me so many smiles.  Some of them have been teaching me Creole and helping me pronounce the words correctly.  Others curl up in my lap and want to be held, to be comforted, to be loved.  Others sit with me and we read our Bibles together.  I read to them in Creole and they read the same passage to me in English.  Yesterday, 2 of the children asked me if I would be their mother.  It made me think about the qualities of a mother and I was honored.  I have dreamt of being a mother since I was a little girl.  Now, I have so many children to love and take care of.  The Lord has blessed me.  God has brought me here for a purpose and has great plans for me in Haiti.  These children have already touched my heart in so many ways.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing you are to the children, Kathy! We really admire you and all that you are doing in Haiti. Love, The Abbey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. God certainly is continuing to bless you...and the children of Grace Village!! I am soooo proud of you, Kathy! Love Always, Mom XO

    ReplyDelete